Thursday, November 11, 2010

Q & A with Wendy Marquis Part 4

Share |
What is your technique?

My technique starts off with observation of the rural views around me. I look for farms, old trucks, animals, and vintage buildings. Then, I photograph the subject when the light is falling on it just right…when the shadows describe the shape and dimensions. Then I come home, print out my pictures, and start drawing. Sometimes I combine elements from the different scenes that I have found. So I kind of create a puzzle for myself to solve. Then I lay down a colored wash and draw out the images with a watered down sienna color. Then I start painting in the darks and the lights in acrylics, using glazes and layers of colors…

Picture Credit: "Big Black Chevy", acrylic on canvas

Click here to learn more about this vintage truck painting

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails