Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jo Lynch - How did you get interested in painting cows?

Share |
How did you get interested in creating art of farm animals?

Actually I've always loved the shapes of cows and horses... cows have many funny angles, strong shapes, sort of a linear feeling to me, and horses are smooth and streamlined in my eyes... I love to see a horse in motion. There is a flow to a horse in motion. When I started creating my Whimzicals, I thought a cow would be perfect with it's angular shapes, so a cow was one of my earliest whimzicals. If anyone wants to share photos of horses or cows with me, I'd be delighted as I do not have a lot of horse photos to work from. I have taken many cow photos in my art life... most of them from farms in Western Maryland or Virginia while traveling.

Picture credit: "Southwest Cow and Calf", watercolor on paper

Click here to learn more about this beef cattle painting

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails