Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday's website of interest to art enthusiasts

Share |
Today's website of interest for the art community is a link to the 2009 Smithsonian Craft Show. The show is held in Washington, D.C., at the Smithsonian's National Building Museum. It is organized by the Smithsonian Women's Committee to benefit education, outreach and research programs within the Smithsonian Institution.

I have to admit that I am a bit "star struck" when I view the artwork of the participants for this show. I follow the work of a few of the jewelry artists, including Jack and Elizabeth Gualtieri, who produce exquisite granulation jewelry. I also make granulation jewelry for the local Florida market and realize the time and effort that goes into making such detailed art.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails