As we all sit down to our respective Thanksgiving Dinners today, I wanted to give #foodthanks for a few things.
1. Thank you to all the farmers that work 24/7/365. Farming isn't a job, it's a lifestyle.
2. Thank you to all those who choose to work in a place to allow me to get this food. Whether you're a trucker, grocer, or processor, thank you for helping to bring food to my table.
3. Thank you to the charities and organizations that make sure people around the world can avoid hunger.
4. Thank you to the people who teach others how to use food to their advantage by improving their health and well being.
5. Thank you for those that choose to make preparing food your profession, especially when you're one of my favorite eateries.
6. Thank you for those involved to help me get some of my favorite can't live without foods: any dairy product, coffee, chocolate, wine, fresh herbs, garlic, ripe tomatoes, and a really good filet.
7. Thanks to those who are producing technology to help provide food security for those around the world.
8. Thank you to wineries and Food Network television (and magazine!) for helping me to appreciate the art of food.
9. Thank you to those who lose sleep over keeping our food supply safe.
10. Thank you to the local farmers who sell at farmers' markets. Those relationships are such a wonderful things to have.
What are you giving #foodthanks for today?