Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Jewelry charm to be sold for college scholarship endowment

Share |
Dairy veterinarian, artist and owner of Cow Art and More, Dr. Kathy Swift is donating a portion of profits from her brand-new sterling silver jewelry charm for the National Holstein Women’s Association Scholarship Organization (NHWSO) at 2011 National Holstein Association Convention in June.

Swift is personally interested in assisting NHWSO since she grew up in Virginia where she spent most of her time in her family’s registered Holstein farm. She is devoted to the Holstein industry, as a teenager she earned Distinguished Junior Member and was recipient of the National Holstein Women’s Association scholarship in 1990.

Ida Ruby, president of NHWSO, contacted Swift for assistance in fundraising. Swift has been an active participant in the past by donating jewelry and gift certificates in silent auctions. Swift agreed to donate a portion of her profits on the much-anticipated new charm that will debut at this year’s convention. “When Ida (Ruby) called to ask if I would help with their next fundraiser, I didn't hesitate to answer, ‘of course!’ Winning the NHWSO scholarship was something that made a big difference in my life and I am happy to help others with their education." Swift added, “I believe strongly in helping the next generation along with their many endeavors. I know, without a doubt, that I wouldn't be where I am today without the same help at that time in my life."

Swift’s avid fan base will have to wait until the convention to know more details about the upcoming debut of the charm. Swift wanted to tell everyone, “I am very excited about the newest charm. It is something customers have requested, and I hope everyone will love it as much as I do."

1 comment:

Leontien said...

Off to tweet about this post!

Whoohoooo
Thanks
Leontien

Related Posts with Thumbnails