Saturday, June 20, 2009

A conversation with Jerry Gadamus: Part 8

Share |
Do you ever make goof ups or work you don’t like?

It’s an ongoing thing! You’ll always struggle with composition. I used to finish a part before I moved to the next part. I’ve found that if you finish one part and move on to the next, it’s harder to change the entire image. I now work on the whole painting at the same time. I don’t finish anything until I know I like what I see. My wife is a big part in what I do. I’ll call her in to get her opinion. If she gives me the same idea that I’m thinking is a problem, then I usually know I have to change it. I’ll say that too for anyone looking at art. Somebody may not be able to paint something, but they can tell you when something is wrong.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails