Thursday, August 27, 2009

A conversation with Julia Swartz: Part 10

Share |
What advice to you have for aspiring painters?

Don't worry about your style. I hear young artist say I've got to find my style. I would recommend that you just keep painting and painting and try different things and eventually your style will emerge. Never throw a painting away. As an artist you tend to be very critical of your own work. You may not like something very much when your done, but just put it in a drawer or put it away somewhere. Months or years later you may get it out and say "Oh, that's not so bad." I really treasure some of my first paintings and am glad I never threw them out.

Picture credit: "Moo Cow", oil on canvas

Click here to learn more about this cow art oil painting

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails