You might be asking yourself, "Isn't it a little early to be worrying about this?" An emphatic "No!" is only part of the answer. It's not just as simple as showing up with some art and putting it out on a table. The show will essentially be a temporary retail space, so we need to plan accordingly.
Here are a few things that need to go on the "to do" list:
- A wide selection of art! We know our customers have been longing for the opportunity to "experience" our art first hand. We want to have as many pieces as reasonably possible there for people to look at and decide if it's a good fit for their home or office.
- Packaging materials, from bags to boxes, to help people get their purchases home.
- Display materials: shelving, tablecloths, drapes, flooring and anything else to help our art give the professional look it deserves
- Lights! Shoppers need to be able to easily see the art and all its delicate features
- Other materials needed to run a cash register, such as receipt pads and internet access to run credit card transactions.
Be watching in the coming weeks as we show you just how this all is going to come together!