Thursday, December 10, 2009

A conversation with Gary Sauder: Part 4

Share |
Where did you learn your technique?

For the most part I am self taught, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t learn anything from other artists. I have taken workshops from other notable artists and have done several lessons in technique from master artist’s publications. And have viewed and studied the techniques of the artists that I admire the most. I also have taken to not hanging my own work on my walls at home and hang other artists work for me to see so that I don’t become too enamored with my own work.

Picture credit: "Zandra in Lupine," pastel on velour paper

Click here to learn more about this cow art pastel drawing

1 comment:

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

wow! I really like the way you captured the shine on the cows coat. awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails