Thursday, December 3, 2009

A conversation with Gary Sauder: Part 1

Share |
How did you get started?

I had always been drawing as long as I can remember and had been more or less apprehensive about painting because I didn’t quite know how. I had grown bored with drawing in graphite and hadn’t done it for a long time. Then one evening I saw a movie about a sketch artist for the police and he was using colored pencils and I decided to find out more about them. I got some books on the medium and I conquered my fear of color and shortly there after I graduated to pastel and even water color and oils. I enjoy them all but I prefer to paint in pastel.

Picture credit: "Old Mill E Snickerdoodle", pastel drawing on velvet

Click here to learn more about this drawing of Snickerdoodle, the Grand Champion Brown Swiss and Reserve Supreme Champion at the 2009 World Dairy Expo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails