Saturday, August 14, 2010

Q & A with Michael Murray Part 6

Share |
How do you decide what to photograph?

It really depends if its a piece for an exhibition or a commission piece. I've recently been asked by a private client to design an aerial piece of her house and surrounding neighborhood and add in a family of foxes as they are quite famous in her area. I therefore would only need to take photographs of model foxes, and similar textures (pavement, bricks etc) to her actual street. For exhibitions I'll go though my wee book of ideas, built up over many years, and pick one which I fancy working on, and would fit in with the exhibition. I'll then photograph anything I need for that design.

Picture credit: Michael's work, "Soccer Cows" at a recent exhibition

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails