Thursday, June 2, 2011

A preview of the Cow Art and More art show booth

Share |
Designing a "portable" art gallery space is no easy task. I need something that can travel in a vehicle, set up easily, and not cost a fortune. I found a very helpful program, Google SketchUp, which allowed me to create three dimensional images of what I'm trying to design. Very cool! It actually has been a big help in trying to help me visualize what I can and can't do.

So before I show you what I've designed, let me share with you what I'm trying to accomplish:

  • The booth needs to flow well and have ample room to display different types of two and three dimensional art.
  • I want to give the booth a "gallery feel", which means good lighting and somewhere between a tidy and sophisticated atmosphere.
  • This is for an indoor booth display 10 feet wide by 10 feet deep.


This is a screen shot of the booth. There is a table with a shelf riser, pedestal displays, and a couple of wire racks (the black and silver poles at opposite corners).









The floor is wood grain patterned mats and there will be lights hanging overhead.

Over the next couple of weeks, I will be walking you through all the components and how they're made.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails