Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Preparing for the National Holstein convention

Share |
A lot goes into making a 10 foot by 10 foot booth space into a temporary art gallery space. After spending some time in Google SketchUp, I have a booth design that I like and am moving forward with. Here's a preview of what the booth will look like:


The floor of the space will have a series of 2 foot by 2 foot foam tiles with a wood grain pattern. (Notice one of my peeps helping me put them together.) Not only will it give people a comfortable place to stand, but will give the space an upscale gallery feel (versus the basement of a convention center).







The design also includes having back drapes and table covers. Since this will be an indoor venue, the fabrics must be fireproofed. I decided that it was a better use of my time to talk to a company that specializes in made to order, fire retardant draperies and cloths instead of doing it myself. These are the fabric samples the company sent. I'm definitely going with the ivory at the far left for the drapes, but am still trying to decide on tablecloth colors. I thought I wanted brown, but the dark terra cotta is nice too.



The lights I've ordered just came in, so I will be putting those together. Pictures to come on those too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails