Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Robert Saueressig - Painting farm animals

Share |
How did you get interested in creating art of farm animals?

For a farm kid that couldn’t wait to get off the farm, I am amazed at the number of requests I get for animal paintings. Many times I have heard comments such as “It shows that you know the kind of animals you paint”. My family raised Black Angus and wheat; we had milk cows and chickens. As a freshman in high school – through the FFA – I received 10 bred ewes to be paid for within 2 years. All through high school I sold wool and lambs. By the time I graduated I had 40 head of sheep, 3 purebred Holstein milk cows, and rented 60 acres of cropland with grain in the bin. I sold it all, and the proceeds paid for my first 2 years of art school.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails