Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A conversation with Laurie Winkelman: Part 2

Share |
How did you get started?

My interest in art came early in my life. As a youngster in 4-H, I enjoyed entering drawings and paintings at the county fair. The earliest art competition (and one of the only!) I entered was in grade school at a local bank. My oil pastel drawing won first place, and the subject of the piece, was, no surprise a cow! Then as I entered high school, I spent the majority of my time in the art room taking art classes, working with many different media, including pen and ink, scratch board, pencil, oil pastel, pastel, charcoal, acrylics, watercolor, and ceramics. One of my favorite pieces is a pointillism drawing of an ‘up front and personal’ view of a cow, which I completed during my freshman year of high school in fall of 1995. While I have not had a lot of time since high school (graduated in1999) to draw, I definitely still enjoy it!

Picture credit: pointillism drawing study of a Holstein cow

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails