Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A conversation with Laurie Winkelman: Part 7

Share |
How long does it take you to get an average drawing?

Recently, it has taken me a really long time to complete drawings. Given my commitment to graduate school and numerous other activities, it is sometimes hard for me to find the time to sit down and focus on artwork and drawing. For example, I started “Curiosity” late in 2006, and then it got set aside when I started my Ph.D. program at Cornell in January 2007.

I worked on it intently during the summer of 2007 for a couple weeks, and then it got set aside as I grew busier with school. I picked it up again with a gusto in fall of 2008 as a way to relieve my brain from the stresses of doing an experiment for my Ph.D. program. I put the finishing touches on the original in December and started the process of having prints made for the first time shortly thereafter. So, all in all, “Curiosity” took nearly 2 years to complete! I tried to start a new piece shortly after completing “Curiosity,” but my school work has kept me on the move.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails