Saturday, July 11, 2009

A conversation with Laurie Winkelman: Part 4

Share |
Where do you get your inspiration?

Most of my current inspiration stems from my lifetime passion for dairy cows. Growing up and working on a dairy farm is a very central part of my life, and I guess I owe that to my parents who have owned and operated the farm since they were married (also both of my parents grew up on farms). I guess I would also ‘blame’ my sister for my passion about dairy cows. I tagged along with her to dairy judging practice as a youngster, and ever since I was hooked. Actually, I think that having ‘an artistic eye’ was beneficial to me in dairy judging, as I may have been better able to see a cow and imagine the ‘model’ cow in my mind.

Picture credit: Laurie's family (Laurie Winkelman is at far right)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails