Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A conversation with Laurie Winkelman: Part 10

Share |
What advice to you have for aspiring artists?

I think that I still qualify as an aspiring artist! When I was learning about the process of becoming a ‘published’ artist and having prints made of my drawing for the first time, I really didn’t know where to start. So, I called up a very respected and highly successful agricultural artist studio, Bonnie Mohr’s business in Glencoe, MN, looking for a little help.

While I didn’t talk to Bonnie herself, her employees working there were very supportive and helpful. They suggested a printing company, Hunter Editions in Maine, and I wasted no time in touching base with them to get the process rolling. Since most of my art career has been independent and self-directed, it was really great to get some direction and help from the people at Bonnie Mohr’s studio. So, I guess my suggestion for aspiring artists would be to not be afraid to ask for help or advice.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Kathy, I am so glad that you included Heifer International on your blog. The work they do is amazing and lasting, since it helps people begin to build up their own agricultural resources and business.

Thank you, too, for the excellent advice from Laurie. She is certainly right that, in all aspects of life, we are better off if we reach out to each other--both to offer a helping hand and--what is more difficult for many of us--to ask for advice and help when we need it.

Kathy said...

Heifer International is one of my most favorite charities. I love the work they do and hope to be able to be more of a help with teaching people how to raise animals one of these days.

Laurie is certainly wise beyond her years! I will be sure she see your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails