Thursday, September 10, 2009

A conversation with Robin Maria Pedrero: Part 3

Share |

What is your technique?

I work in several mediums and the techniques vary for each. At times when I am immersed in the creative process I cover the studio with 7 – 20 pieces in progress strewn on tables, easels, the wall and floor. In pastel, I start at the farthest point in the distance and build layers towards what is closer and more detailed. In acrylics and mixed media I capture life and simple pleasures applying rhythmic patterns and geometrics in translucent layers. In all mediums, I personify nature through color and movement evoking moods of transition, strength, joy and serenity. I use a symbolic visual language exploring the visible and invisible creating a commentary on relationships and thoughts. As I work the images can be unexpected flowing from gathered memories. Within the placed pigment I enhance my perceptions of faces, animals, cities or fauna to share them with viewers. Then I let the work be and come back to it with fresh eyes and work some more until finished. Repeat

Picture credit: "Blue", pastel on paper

Click here to learn more about this beef cow art drawing

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails