Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A conversation with Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson: Part 9

Share |
Do you ever have goof ups or work you don't like?

I always have goof ups that I don't like, but the best thing about collage is that it's a very forgiving medium. I can ALWAYS go right back over the top of any area that I don't like, and make it totally different. This freedom is why I love my medium so much. Even if I change my mind, I can go in and change a color by adding a new piece of paper on top. The ability to fix my mistakes takes a lot of stress out of my work and gives me the freedom to experiment.

Picture credit: Elizabeth and her students at one of her collage making classes

1 comment:

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

This is a photo of workshop attendees and me at The Artists' Workshop, Inc. in Amelia Island. We had a great 3-day workshop there, making our own collage paper and learning collage techniques. I'll be teaching there again in October of this year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails