Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jo Lynch - Do you have paintings you don't like?

Share |
Do you ever have goof ups or work you don’t like?

All the time. I've torn up more art work than I own and will continue to do so. I also have loads of artwork that I'm not satisfied with but I keep thinking one day, I'll go back and work on this or that. I'm sure this is common with most artists.

Skip, the art teacher I mentioned before told us we have to paint 100 paintings to get one we like. I believe he is correct. It took a long time before I had one keeper. My husband named my first painting that I liked "48 and 1/2 cents" as that's what he said he would pay for it. We keep it still. :) A wonderful memory, my color breakthrough.

Picture credit: Jo Lynch painting plein air, Chesapeake Bay, Virginia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails