Sunday, February 6, 2011

Painter Jo Lynch - How did you get started?

Share |
How did you get started?

I could always draw from a young age, but I had no real interest in sticking with it. I remember drawing trees while looking out of elementary school windows, when I was bored in class.. I didn't actually do much with painting until I was much older... I was in my very late 40's and early 50's. I decided to try a watercolor class in an old school. A teacher named Skip (William) Lawrence taught watercolor there once a week for 3 hours. He would demo and we would then paint. Then he would critique. We would die for a good critique. They were rare. :) I must have grown into myself as from that point on, I loved to paint. Prior to that time, I was simply not interested enough to stick to a painting or drawing more than once in a great while.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails